See our distributors page for places to get CtrlM.
CtrlM is an infrared transmitter that works with FreeMs to wirelessly program and control BlinkMs from long distances. It converts BlinkM commands sent over I2C through a LinkM or Arduino into infrared commands that are converted back to the original commands by FreeMs, eliminating the need for conductive cabling.
Its ultra bright, narrow beam infrared LED allows FreeMs to be controlled 45 feet (14 m) away, but can be easily modified to accommodate an external power supply for much greater range, while minimizing interference with other infrared devices.
- Wireless I2C controller for all BlinkM products up to 45 feet (14m) away.
- Supports all BlinkM I2C commands.
- When used with FreeM, CtrlM acts as one end of “virtual wire” connecting a LinkM USB adapter or Arduino to BlinkMs mounted in locations where data cabling is impossible or undesirable.
- 20-degree broadcast angle
- 16ft (5m) diameter projection at 45ft (14m).
- One CtrlM can control any number of FreeMs, which can each control an arbitrary number of BlinkM devices.
- Can be reprogrammed to communicate arbitrary infrared protocols.
- Runs TVBGone firmware [LINK] without modification.