See our distributors page for places to get FreeM.
FreeM is a wireless BlinkMs controller and power supply for completely standalone deployment, programming and control of BlinkM smart LEDs. It’s like an invisible wire linking a LinkM or Arduino to BlinkMs.
When used with the CtrlM transmitter it creates an invisible, low-power method to control BlinkMs (or any I2C device) up to 45 feet (14m) away (and can be easily modified for much greater range).
It’s designed to work transparently with the rest of the BlinkM product line. Plug a CtrlM into a LinkM, point it at a FreeM, fire up the BlinkM Multitrack sequencer, and start programming it from afar.
It’s perfect for wearables, architectural lighting, stage sets, RC car lights, or anywhere else that’s difficult to get to.
Plus, as a bonus, it works with any TV remote that supports the SICS (Sony remote control) protocol, which includes nearly every universal remote made. Using basic TV remote keys it’ll turn BlinkMs off and on, change their brightness and hue, and run user-definable scripts.
- Wireless I2C controller for all BlinkM products up to 45 feet (14m) away.
- Supports all BlinkM I2C commands.
- When used with CtrlM, FreeM acts as one end of “virtual wire” connecting a LinkM USB adapter or Arduino to BlinkMs mounted in locations where data cabling is impossible or undesirable.
- Every FreeM can control an arbitrary number of BlinkM devices.
- One CtrlM can control any number of FreeMs.
- Built in power supply with 9V battery connector
- Reconfigurable IR network address in CtrlM mode.
- Firmware upgradable.
- Supports 12-bit SICS (Sony) TV remote protocol with built-in behaviors including moodlight, beacon, hue select, flashlight, script play.